It is estimated that infertility affects one in seven heterosexual couples in the UK. There are two types of infertility – primary and secondary.
- Primary infertility: after trying for one year with no birth control, there is no pregnancy.
- Secondary infertility: when a couple have already been pregnant and may have a child or children, and are trying for another without success.
At the Andover Acupuncture Clinic, we offer treatment for both primary and secondary infertility.
How can acupuncture aid natural fertility?
- Natural conception – including dietary and lifestyle advice, together with help, information and general fertility awareness for both the woman and the man
- Specific issues – PCOS, irregular periods, endometriosis, ovulatory dysfunction, increased sperm count and improved motility, stimulation of improved blood supply to the pelvic area
- Prenatal support – preparing body and mind in readiness for pregnancy
- During pregnancy – nausea, tiredness, pain and discomfort, disturbed sleep
- Birth preparation – assistance in getting baby into the best position, induction when the baby is overdue
- Postnatal support – assistance with lactation, support with postnatal depression
- IVF & ART (Assisted Reproductive Techniques) – support before, during and after, helping to reduce stress and anxiety
Diploma in Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Fertility
Maureen completed this diploma in 2019. This has enhanced her knowledge of women’s and men’s health and improved her skill set to help couples trying for a family.
Zita West Fertility Network
The Zita West Clinic was established to help couples experiencing difficulty with conception. Zita West is a qualified midwife and acupuncturist who founded her clinic with the aim of providing a more holistically supportive environment. The clinic has a proven record of providing successful support and treatments to prospective parents, which include acupuncture, dietary advice from professional nutritionists, hypnotherapy and more.
In 2012 Maureen was invited to become affiliated with the Zita West clinic. Keeping up to date with the latest IVF and ART methods, she undertakes regular additional training.